This week in NYC, see Christian Marclay’s spectacular 24-hour video composition The Clock at Lincoln Center. Enter the fantastical world of renowned artist Yayoi Kusama through her Whitney retrospective. Legendary choreographer Trisha Brown restages Astral Converted, with visual and costume design by Robert Rauschenberg and original music by John Cage. Or enjoy an array of artists in the many summer group shows opening this week. For more things to do this summer, check out our Summer Art Guide.
1. Christian Marclay’s The Clock
David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center, July 13 through August 1
2. Einstein on the Beach: The Changing Image of Opera
The Morgan Library & Museum, July 13 8 p.m.
3. Yayoi Kusama Is Back in New York
The Whitney Museum of American Art, July 12 through September 30
4. Blasting Voice
The Suzanne Geiss Company, July 11 through July 28
5. Jayson Musson Halcyon Days
Salon 94 Bowery , July 11 through August 17
6. Curator Insights: Colleen Browning: Urban Dweller – Exotic Traveler
National Academy Museum & School , July 13, 2-3 p.m.
7. Michael Bevilacqua: An Ideal For Living
Gering & López Gallery , July 12 through August 24
8. Summer Show Block Party
Anton Kern Gallery , July 10, 6-10 p.m.
9. The You Are Here Festival
Secret Project Robot, July 12 through August 4
10. Trisha Brown Dance Company: ASTRAL CONVERTED
Park Avenue Armory, July 10 through July 14
10. BOFFO Art Camp Dinner for K8 Hardy
Fire Island Pines, July 14, 9 p.m.
11. Stillspotting NYC: Telettrofono
Staten Island, July 14-15, weekends through August
12. Must-See Summer Group Shows:
Jason McCoy Gallery, July 11 through August 24
Morgan Lehman, July 12 through August 17
RISD MFA Painting 2012
532 Gallery Thomas Jaeckel, July 10 through July 26
Mixed Greens Gallery, July 12 through August 17
People Who Work Here
David Zwirner, July 11 through August 10
Centaurs & Satyrs
Asya Geisberg Gallery, July 12 through August 17