This Week in NYC, meet Wendy, this year’s Young Architects Project at MoMA PS1, check out the Guggenheim’s new photography show, and take a dip in the brand spankin’ new McCarren Park Pool. Dozens of galleries are opening their summer group shows this week, and we’ve made our picks of the best below. For more things to do this summer, check out our Summer Art Guide.
1. Remembering the Folks Who Made the LES Awesome
East 4th between Bowery and 2nd Ave, through September 5
2. Annette Messager’s Black Continent
Marian Goodman Gallery, through August 24
3. Beautiful Decay
Marianne Boesky Gallery, Opening Reception June 28, 5 – 8 p.m.
4. Meet Wendy the Summer Party Eco-Friendly Spike Ball
MoMA PS1, July 1 through September 8
5. McCarren Park Pool Reopens
McCarren Park, June 28
6. Analog Music Makers Unite
SEAPORT!, June 28, 3 p.m. – 12 a.m.
7. Monuments to Youth, the Beach, and Clubbing
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, June 29 – October 8
8. Man Forever: An Ensemble Led by Oneida’s Kid Millions
ISSUE Project Room, June 29, 8 p.m.
9. Must-See Summer Group Shows:
Yeah we friends and shit
Josée Bienvenu Gallery, Opening Reception June 28, 6 – 8 p.m.
Stand still like the hummingbird
David Zwirner Gallery, Opening Reception June 28, 6 – 8 p.m.
Friends with Benefits
Lehmann Maupin (Chrystie St.), Opening Reception June 28, 6 – 8 p.m.
Group Shoe, curated by Joe Bradley
Gavin Brown’s Enterprise, Opening Reception June 28, 6 – 8 p.m.
DODGE Gallery, Opening Reception June 28, 6 – 8 p.m.
Earth WORKS: Ten Artists on Land and Industry
PPOW, June 28 – July 27
Storefront for Art and Architecture, June 26 – July 28